Friday, July 19, 2013

Getting ready for the Mid

This week I started to working on DataSetRequestResource class CohortRequestResource class. There is no any notion about a DataSetRequest or a CohortRequest in the Reporting Module. So I had to implement these resources with the help of the existing resources. As decided in the conversation with Michael Seaton and Darius Jazayeri, I wrapped Cohort/DataSet definition in a report request and process it as a Report request. 
This week I implemented DELETE DataSetRequest or a CohortRequest,
GET DataSetRequest or a CohortRequest and POST DataSetRequest or a CohortRequest.
But still there is bit more works to do in these classes. 
After finishing these works I am planning to write test cases for my classes, in next week. Some re factoring needs to the code. I hope I will able to fill the javadoc for the classes.
I hope that would be great, if OpenMRS has  some guidelines for the interns to get a idea for them, about how the coding should go. Specially telling whether javadocs are needed for the new code. Or mentioning the need of writing test cases. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes writing unit tests is of vital importance, check this https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Unit+Tests

    Currently the unit tests are commented out because of the refactoring to REST 2, it would be a good idea to refactor them too.

    ReplyDelete