Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First week of GSoC

It was a very interesting experience going through the 1st week of Google Summer Of code with OpenMRS. 
I spent a lot of time of the 1st week to getting familiar with the code. I Imported

  • Reporting Module
  • Webservices.rest
  • Reportingrest


Modules to eclipse and studied the code. 

First I tried to understand the information flow of the Rest web services. 
I followed https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/REST+Web+Services+Technical+Documentation Wiki page. Page was initial outdated and Rafal updated the page according to the new class structure.

Then I watched and followed the https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Reporting+Module+101+Screencasts Screen cast, to get a understand about the features of the reporting module.

Also I test the Reporting Rest web services through Google Chrome Advanced Rest Client extension.

It was a really nice experience to get in to my Gsoc project after My semester exam. Hope to speed up my work in the next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment