Sunday, August 25, 2013

Migrating to Pentaho

After working several weeks with RESTful web services, I started to work on my second phase of my project. Writing a plugin for Kettle.

First I got some undestand on Pentaho Data Integration(Kettle project).
I downloaded the Pentaho Data Integration and did some transformations with spoon.

I read the pdi_embed_extend_guide.pdf. It gives a good idea to how to start to write a plugin.
I deploy and run the example plugin.

Then I moved on to our existing OpenMRS plugin. I compared it with the given pentaho example plugin.
It has thoroughly followed the Pentaho conventions. It uses a RestClient to pull data from the REST API of OpenMRS. It is a Input step.

So my next target will be identify the improvidence which need in this release.
Hope to speedup my coding in next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment